Virginia Beach, VA
The Digital Strategist’s principal role is to assist with internal and client-facing technology projects. In this position, you will report directly to Port & Starboard’s ownership team. The ideal candidate is an individual capable of wearing different hats in a fast-paced environment, working in requirements gathering, WordPress configuration, website design, content development, marketing and social media support. As a Digital Strategist, you will work individually and as part of a team to design, develop, and deploy small- and large-scale web, e-commerce, and marketing solutions all while learning and growing your skill set.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop WordPress based websites and migrate existing sites to WordPress
- Respond to WordPress trouble tickets and support requests
- Create and execute social media management plans
- Produce digital content: photos, logos, graphics, and site assets
- Interface with clients to identify requirements and project goals
- Work independently or collaboratively with project team to design a solution that will meet clients’ business requirements
- Manage subcontractors
- Test and verify with project team members and clients that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirement sessions, design reviews, demos, and end user training
- Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude with the ability to work with people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are motivated by delighting customers and achieving goals.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Independent work ethic and a willingness to roll up sleeves and get dirty! Our company is growing, and each employee is given significant responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to pitch in and assist the entire team as needed.
- Interest in business, particularly in start-up and small enterprise.
- Experience designing and managing websites on WordPress
- A knack for graphic design
- Experience generating and optimizing online content for search and cross-promotion on social media platforms
- Experience working on project teams implementing technology solutions
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Experience with graphic design tools, such as InDesign, Canva, and Piktochart
- General IT wherewithal. We use Salesforce, Google G Suite, WordPress, InDesign, and a number of other technology tools to keep track of the business and get our work done.